Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Transitioned


Cholesteric Phase Transition of the First Order (what you get when you type "transition" into Google images)


4/15/08
So today is Tuesday, and it has been exactly four weeks since I moved in. Somewhere along the way I think that I transitioned from feeling "Whoa, this is what my life is going to be like" to "Hey, this is my life!" Things feel more comfortable; it's nice to come home after an interaction, and instead of feeling extremely giddy and hyped-up about the incredibility of it all, I feel calm, glad, understood. The giddiness of being here is still frequent, all the time, almost; but it is tempered by a developing sense of competency. I can see the opportunities to be very content, productive, involved. That is important, just to know that they are there. People have so much going on: they are really tireless in their work, and I am enjoying this chance to join them.

4 comments:

NIGER1.COM said...

where did they move you now
this www.niger1.com
niger1.com@gmail.com
are you far from Konni

Ms. YW said...

I am confused, where did she move from? I also wanted to say that I enjoyed the list of ideas for care packages...of course what I sent was not on the list but I think she will still love it!! I made her a pillow case with bicycles on it, a fabric that has made me think of her for quite some time. And then she can dream of me :)

Kerry said...

It is confusing because this is an excerpt from a letter written in April, just four weeks after moving into her village near Konni; sorry for the confusion1

Ms. YW said...

Ahhh, I see now. Good not know :)